The Pixel page allows you to place a single pixel on the offer confirmation page and allows your affiliates to place their tracking pixels on the page in real time within their affiliate account in the Affiliate Center. To better understand pixels, you should know the following:
- The Four Pixel Types
- What is Pixel Compliance?
- How to Enable the Affiliate to Place a Pixel in LinkTrust
- Available Code Box
The Four Pixel Types
There are four pixel types. They are as follows:
The following example shows what a <noscript> pixel looks like:
<noscript><img src="" height="1" width="1"></noscript>
An image pixel is a pixel URL delivered to the confirmation page using an HTML image tag. When copying pixels into the PixVantage textbox, make sure you replace all single quotes (') with double quotes ("). The following is an example of an image pixel:
<img src="" height="1" width="1">
<iFrame scr="" ></iFrame>
A ServerSide pixel is a pixel URL executed by LinkTrust instead of from the confirmation page. A ServerSide pixel is just a URL that should be executed with each conversion. An affiliate should provide this link to you. The following example shows a ServerSide pixel:
What is Pixel Compliance?
The following table identifies pixel compliance:
|LinkTrust Pixel Type||Affiliate's Pixel Type||Pixel Location||Will the Affiliate's Pixel Track?|
Available Code Box
This feature works when you have a LinkTrust Java Script confirmation pixel placed on the confirmation page. This code placed in the open text box is pulled down to the confirmation page for all successful transaction. If you have additional code for a specific affiliate, it is recommended you place that code in the pixel section of the affiliate’s details. The additional code added will only be pulled to the confirmation page when the affiliate is responsible for the successful transaction.
You can also allow affiliates to manage their own code from the affiliate center.
How to Enable the Affiliate to Place a Pixel in LinkTrust
- From the Confirmation Page Pixel Type drop-down field, select the pixel type.
Note: You can see the script displayed in blue to the right of the Confirmation Page Pixel Type drop-down field.
- If you want to enable pixel configuration in the Affiliate Center, mark Enable this option in the Affiliate Center.
- If you enabled pixel configuration and you want to let affiliates place image pixels, mark Allow Affiliates to place Image Pixels.
- If you enabled pixel configuration and you want to let affiliates place ServerSide pixels, mark Allow Affiliates to place ServerSide Pixels.
- If you enabled pixel configuration and you want to let affiliates place iFrame pixels, mark Allow Affiliates to place iFrame Pixels.
- If you wish affiliates to add additional code, mark Allow Affiliates to add additional code.
- If you want to use unsecure URLs, mark Require (HTTP) Non-Secure Pixel URLs.
- If you want to use secure URLs, mark Require (HTTPS) Secure Pixel URLs.
Note: For a list of tokens available, select Tokens.
- Save your settings by selecting Update.